Friday 29 December 2017

Day 20, a three hour foray to do the remaining 12 minutes that I missed on the No 40 last week.

For the first time and probably not the last I needed to complete a partially ridden route, which passage of time dictated that I had to abort last week. Thus I had to return to Denmark Hill railway station to complete the run of the No 40 from there to Dulwich Library.

The original facade of
Denmark Hill Station
In order to get there I caught the No 410 at 1225 and changed to the No 468 at West Croydon to take me to King's College Hospital, where I arrived at 1343.

Enviro Hybrid EH39 of London General
approaching Denmark Hill railway station bus stop
 I boarded an Enviro Hybrid of Go Ahead, their EH39, at 1349 and after a short trip was deposited at Dulwich library at 1403. The journey actually took 14 minutes, whilst the timetable says it should take 12!

The No 40 leaving the final stop at Dulwich library to layover before returning to Aldgate

Dulwich library which I had previously reached
 at the end of the No 12 route


From here it was possible to take the No 197 to East Croydon station where I changed to a No 119 to five ways, finally reaching home at 1525. A three hour trip which netted me 12 minutes of journey, but sets me up nicely for my next bus, the No 41, to do in a week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment