Wednesday 8 August 2018

Day 50 A trip towards NW London to do the No 83.


This day started with taking our son to an interview at Battersea Park Childrens' Zoo for 1130 which took place 1145-1310 whilst I was waiting on the grass outside. After this we caught the 1340 to Clapham Junction whereupon I disembarked with the intention of catching a train to Brentford and then a bus to Ealing Hospital. However, there was an obstruction on the line and therefore I caught the 1402 London Overground to West Brompton. Here I changed to a District line train to Earl's Court changing there for a District line to Ealing Broadway arriving at 1442. I expected, given the information from the last bus map, that the No 83 started at Ealing Hospital. However, when I reached the bus stop it was obvious that the bus had been replaced by the No 483 and when I asked the bus driver of a No 483 he told me it started at Alperton. I thus boarded a No 483 and alighted near the Sainsbury's at Alperton from where I had caught the No 79 to Edgware. It transpired though, that the No 83 started in the High Street by the Metroline bus station.
VW1777 has just turned out of the bus garage at Alperton
which is next to Alperton Piccadilly line station


At 1523 I finally caught VW1777 a Wrightbus Eclipse Gemini 2 of Metroline operating the No 83 service to Golders Green. The bus route followed the No 79 route up until Wembley High Street but then continued on further to turn left past the Stadium station and past Wembley Park station. Having turned right at the 'T' junction the bus headed ESE for a while before at a roundabout turning north into Tudor Gardens. The bus route then parallels the route of the No 302 which my wife saw for 4 years when she worked in Kingsbury. The bus company has recently updated the buses from 2005 to 2017 stock as evidenced by VWH2427 pictured below.
Brand new almost VWH 2427 of Metroline on route No 302

From the top of this road the bus turned East and reached Hendon Broadway.
The Hendon Broadway crossroads

After this the bus continued East to reach Golders Green at 1624. Thus the journey took only a fraction over an hour in its entirety.
Arrival at Golders Green Bus station at 1624



Southbound train leaving for the Charing Cross branch

Northbound train headed for Edgware







 In order to return home I took the Northern Line City Branch to Balham and then the 1745 from there towards Epsom Downs.


No comments:

Post a Comment