Tuesday 8 February 2022

Day 129 After a two month break thanks to the Omicron Variant, the No 203 from Hounslow to Staines.

 Thanks to the effects of Covid-19 diminishing the staff available to drive trains on Southern Railway we currently have no trains to Clapham Junction let alone London Victoria. Thus despite getting the 1230 train which would normally travel to London, rather than terminating at Balham I had to change at Streatham Common to platform 4 for a service to take me to Clapham Junction where I arrived at 1300. This was just in time for the 1302 Weybridge train on platform 5 which took me to Isleworth where I alighted at 1327. I disembarked here rather than Hounslow as I was able to catch a bus just outside to the start of the route No 203. Indeed within a minute I was on a No 237 where I arrived at Hounslow at 1337. 

Platform 4 at Streatham Common a platform
 rarely used since it is on the fast lines

First bus stop Hounslow bus station








I boarded RATP 30304 at 1347 and then followed the route of Nos 81 and 120 westwards and turned right and into the western end of Hounslow High Street.

RATP 30304 arriving at 1347 with Hounslow bus station to the left
Recently built building by Hounslow High Street

We headed direct west from here past Hounslow West Underground station to Henly's Corner where we took the A30 until we reached Hatton Cross Underground station where the bus did a couple of loops at 1411.







British Airways Boeing 777s from Hatton Cross
bus station

The bus exited the way it had come and after crossing the A30 turned right down Hatton Road. Before reaching East Bedfont the bus swung right along Stanwell Road and re-crossed the A30 to run parallel with the airport perimeter road past the cargo area. The bus turned left down Clare Road and through Stanwell to reach Town Lane with Staines Reservoir immediately in front of us. The bus then turned left to Ashford Hospital before turning right onto the A30 towards Staines where the bus terminated at 1442.


Arrival at Staines Bus Station

New bus on the No 290 with
White Bus on No 446

Carlone bus on route No 442

Blue bus on route No 458 was Hallmark now Diamond Bus.
Quite a variety of different bus types and bus companies to chose from

At 1451 I boarded a No 117 heading to Feltham where I arrived in time to catch the 1535 train to Clapham Junction. From here I took a train to East Croydon, then a tram and finally a No 410 home arriving at 1740.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment