Thursday 25 January 2024

Day 213 To Waltham Cross bus station again, this time for the circular No 327.

 I caught the 1035 train to London Bridge and then a Thameslink to City Thameslink. After visiting Ede and Ravenscroft to return our son's academic hood I caught a No 8 from High Holborn to Liverpool Street. I caught the 1215 London Overground train heading ultimately to Cheshunt and alighted at Turkey Street, the last station within tfl's remit. I then walked to Totteridge Road and caught a No 279 from there to Waltham Cross bus station where I arrived at 1312.


A very odd interval service and only 9 minutes to the end
The bus service is an odd interval service running every 40 minutes thus there two in one hour and only one in the next. I caught the bus at 1340 having purchased lunch at my usual haunt just inside the Pavilions shopping centre.


Sullivan's AE24 arriving to rest until 1340


Waltham Cross bus station with AE24 arriving 







Sullivan's AE24 duly arrived to pick me up and we headed back the way I had come as far as Bullsmoor Road. Here the bus turned right in concert with the Nos 217 and 317. However, after the Lee valley school stop the bus turned left into Lackmore Road and entered a hail and ride section through the Elsinge estate. The bus stop at Waltham Cross stated it would take 9 minutes to get to the end of the route at Cocker Road. We arrived here at 1350 and lingered only enough time for people to board and alight and then we continued onwards down Elsinge Road to reach Turkey street.

The supposed end of the journey Cocker Road

Turkey Street Railway station







At Turkey Street we turned left and went under the railway bridge at Turkey Street station  now driving the section I had walked earlier. At Totteridge Road the bus turned left and stopped at the stop I had boarded the No 279 earlier at 1354. There is no equivalent stop for the No 327 on the other side of the road as this bus only goes one way around a loop.. 

The bus stop where I had previously caught the No 279

We then continued up this road to reach Waltham Cross Bus station at 1406.


Back at Waltham Cross bus station

I then caught a No 217 to Morrisons in Soulbury Road and then changed for a No 307 to take me to Enfield Chase station. Here I caught the 1502 heading for Moorgate and alighted at Finsbury Park. After just 2 minutes a train arrived to convey me to East Croydon and a bus from the Whitgift Centre got me home at 1645.

No comments:

Post a Comment