Thursday 19 October 2017

Day eleven the 24

I had been busy over recent days getting our daughter through her driving test and then accompanying her as she got used to her new car. Thus I finally got the chance to venture out again today. However, the progress on the day was not helped by track problems near West Croydon which meant my journey that should have started at 1241 eventually led to my arrival  at Battersea Park (a journey of around 10 miles) over an hour later at 1344. To reach my boarding point for the bus from there I needed to cross Chelsea Bridge and then turn right along Grosvenor Road to reach the starting point of the No 24 bus.

Walking along Grosvenor Road from under the railways tracks that lead into Victoria station












This was one of the earliest of the 'Borismasters' I have travelled on being Metroline operated LT13.
Starting point of the No24 in Pimlico
 My trip finally got underway at 1406, almost an hour later than I had intended and put paid to my following up with the No 25 on this day. Movement was quite brisk to Victoria but beyond that we crawled for much of the time, but particularly up Charing Cross and then Tottenham Court roads. Beyond the Euston Road the bus picked up speed towards Mornington Crescent and along Camden High Street and after touching Kentish Town we reached the Royal Free Hospital at Hampstead Heath at 1522, just over an hour and a quarter after leaving Pimlico.


Journey end with No 24s laying  over on right and No 168s laying over to the left of this junction

Three 'Borismasters' waiting in turn to return to Pimlico
I would have needed to get the No 168 to Camden and the No C2 to Oxford Circus to reach the starting point of the No 25. So therefore given the problems already experienced getting to London in the first place, I took the London Overground from Hampstead Heath to Clapham Junction and a train home from there which actually got me home just after 5pm. Total cost of the odyssey thus far has been £100 which suggests the final payment to TFL around £2800 over the period but that is assuming no fare increase in four years or more-we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment