Wednesday 30 January 2019

Day 74 another trip to Hounslow

I took the daughter's car to Purley to have the clutch cable checked and then caught the 1139 train from Purley to London Bridge. So since this train didn't go to Clapham Junction where I could have taken the main line to Hounslow, I decided to start the journey from Northolt. This required catching the Jubilee line to Bond Street and then the Central line to Northolt where I arrived at 1255. The No 90 brought me here and at the time I saw the No 120 so now knew where to wait for it. However, one bus left just as I emerged from the Underground station.
A No 90 quickly followed by a No 120; both services
 provided by Metroline opposite Northolt tube station 
The No 120 I had to wait for was Metroline VWH2276 which arrived at 1310. Once I had crossed the A40 road the bus reaches another roundabout at Yeading whereupon the route heads east towards Ealing. At a different roundabout the bus swung south toward Southall which is a road only served by the No 120 but eventually we joined with other bus routes just before Southall town hall at 1330.
Remnants of overnight snow opposite Northolt library

Once across the Great Western mainline the bus turns east along Norwood Road and here the buses had difficulty passing each other owing to the quantity of parked cars. Once through this squeeze the bus reached Norwood Green at 1345.
The second road which the No 120 provides the only service along







From a little way beyond this there was a considerable hold up because of roadworks just beyond St Leonard's Church Heston which held us up at least 10 minutes. Beyond this hold up we again encountered a part of the route only served by the No 120 through Lampton but this soon gave way to Hounslow. After wriggling around Hounslow for a while the bus finally came to a halt at Hounslow bus station at 1405.
Once again outside Hounslow bus station


Snow falling outside Crofton roman villa








From here I caught a No 237 to Isleworth station and then a Southwest train to Waterloo. Across at Waterloo East I caught a Hastings train to Orpington where I arrived in the middle of a snow shower in order to visit my mum now in the Princess Royal University Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment