Wednesday 29 May 2019

Day 88 off to Harrow for the No 140 to Heathrow airport

This journey started rather later than most as I caught the 1152 from Wallington to Selhurst whereupon I swapped onto the 1210 towards Milton Keynes which brought me to Harrow and Wealdstone railway station for 1313. In order to reach the start point of the route it was necessary  to catch a bus from here to Harrow Weald bus garage and thus it was a No 140 that I took for the relatively short ride. I had a look in the garage in case there was anything interesting therein, which there wasn't so I walked into the adjoining park and around to the back of the garage in case there were any 'fossils' lurking there.
VP604, one of the earlier types used on
the No 140 but now relegated

Standard fare now on the route a VWH












A plethora of VWHs poking out of Harrow Weald garage

VWH2211 approaching to form my service to Heathrow




















At 1333 I was aboard Volvo Wright bodied Hybrid VWH2211 and the bus duly headed back to Harrow and Wealdstone station with its long mural in commemoration of the 1952 rail accident.




Small part of mural alongside Harrrow and Wealdstone station

The bus then headed into Harrow, reached at 1348 and once past the bus station retraced the route of the No 114 through to South Harrow where the bus then headed off on its on route to Northolt where after passing the terminus of the No 90 and No 120 we reached the Target Roundabout at 1415.
A VWH forming a No 140 heading from Heathrow through Harrow

We parted company with those two routes as we entered Yeading and did not rejoin the No 90 route until reaching Hayes town centre. From here we headed for Heathrow Airport passing West End Lane where I had my leaving do from Heathrow at The Pheasant Inn in September 2017.
West End Lane bus stop but by now the weather had turned most inclement

Final arrival at the Heathrow central area was at 1455.
VWH2211 moving away to layover before returning to Harrow.
I returned home via the X26 and as usual when I was working the 1600 bus took until 1815 to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment