Thursday 6 June 2019

Day eighty nine the No 141 to Palmers Green from London Bridge

The morning was spent invigilating GCSE maths and A level biology so I could not start this route until early afternoon.
HV72 of Arriva awaiting
departure time at London Bridge






So the 1305 train delivered me to London Bridge in time to catch a No 141 bus (Arriva's Hybrid HV72) at 1343 which made quite brisk progress across London Bridge and down King William Street, then on to Princes Street and finally Moorgate. Here just prior to crossing London Wall the building work had narrowed the road and held the bus up for a while. Despite this we were soon on our way and reached the Old Street roundabout which has had quite a transformation since my last visit with the Southeast corner now bicycles only.

The approach to the Old Street Roundabout showing works
underway and completion not expected before next year



From here we mirrored the No 21 route to Newington Green via the right turn after crossing the Regent's Canal near the LAARC. At Newington Green I then went into new territory following Green Lanes-this took me into Hackney once more after a brief foray into Islington. There was a bit of a crawl to Manor House interchange where one lane was closed off for roadworks.
The new catenary wires now in use on the old Midland Railway Gospel Oak to Barking line
The final stop for the No 141 just prior to reaching the A406
After this junction I was back on familiar ground as the bus then follows the No 29 route through Harringay to Wood Green via Turnpike Lane. We arrived at Wood Green at 1456 and from here it was a straight run to Palmers Green where the final stop is just before the North Circular Road with the bus garage immediately  the other side of the A406.





Four Arriva Hybrids awaiting their return to London Bridge inside Palmers Green Garage
At 1507 I disembarked here and had a look in the garage after crossing the North Circular on foot.

Then I caught a No 34 to Silver Street and a train which originated from Enfield Town took me to Liverpool Street. Across Bishopsgate a No 149 was waiting and I jumped aboard to London Bridge station to catch my train home where I arrived at 1730.





No comments:

Post a Comment