Wednesday 12 June 2019

Day 90 to the far NW on the No 142

I started the journey on the 1200 train to Clapham Junction. My initial thought was to catch the London Overground to Brondesbury and the bus from there to Brent Cross. However, I just missed that train so chose the catch the Southern train at 1239 to Wembley Central. Outside the No 182 bus at 1315 took me to Brent Cross Shopping Centre where I arrived at 1352.
My conveyance from Wembley moving on after
 depositing me at Brent Cross Shopping Centre

My future No 142 RATP ADE40406 at Brent Cross Shopping Centre next to a No 143
I could see RATP's ADE40406 resting next to a Metroline No 143 prior to their next duty and at 1400 ADE40406 arrived to take me to Watford Junction.
The destination board is still turning, showing Edgware as it approaches the stop








The bus uses the A5 for the first half of the journey. There was one lane out of use for roadworks which caused a delay for a while as we reached West Hendon. We progressed more quickly after this but it was becoming increasingly wet and was therefore not possible to take photographs during the bus journey.
Staples Corner where the bus chooses to take the A5

At 1418 we passed the road called Grove Park where my wife's last library job was situated at the Village School and we then headed through Burnt Oak to Edgware. On reaching Edgware the bus turned right and headed to the bus station which was achieved at 1436. By 1441 we were back on the A5 heading NW out of Edgware, but travel up this road was arrested as the bus turned left at the roundabout and stopped at Stanmore Underground station where we arrived at 1448.

After the bus had stopped an announcement was made that the bus was being diverted away from its usual route and the next stop would be Common Road. Instead of taking Stanmore Hill the bus headed west along Church Road then Uxbridge Road to a roundabout with Clamp Hill. The bus took Clamp Hill which according to my bus map has no bus service, however, there were bus stops for the No 640 school bus service. The bus turned right into Common Road and then at the next traffic lights turned left to rejoin the normal route of the No 142 into Bushey at 1500 and then into Watford at 1510 to finally reach Watford Junction station at 1518.
Watford Junction bus station with Arriva bus No 10 to left whilst
to the right is the shuttle service to Harry Potter film studios

After a look around Watford in the rain I found the bus stop for the No 258 and caught this to Harrow and Wealdstone station. I arrived with only 8 minutes to wait for the 1700 East Croydon train via Kensington Olympia and having alighted at Selhurst caught the Epsom Downs train running 3 minutes behind this.

No comments:

Post a Comment