Monday 11 September 2017

Day three the number six

Around midday I caught a bus and tram and then the Thameslink service to Elephant and Castle: a station nicely poised at the boundary of Zones 1 and 2. It was then a short ride on the No 133 to Borough Market on a fruitless pursuit of a porridge bar my wife had seen at a market earlier-the people are only there Wed-Sat and this was a Monday. From here I walked along the South Bank to Waterloo Bridge which I then crossed to reach the starting point of the No 6 to Willesden bus garage. It has recently taken a deviation and now runs along Piccadilly rather than Oxford Street. I left on VWH2309 a Volvo B5LH Wrightbus Gemini 3 which was almost brand new at 1340 having just missed the 1330 departure. This trip, as with the previous five buses I have taken, was around or over an hour in duration and it reached its ultimate destination at 1455. I subsequently caught a No 266 to Willesden Junction and then the London Overground to Clapham Junction with a Southern train home from there, thereby avoiding Zone 1.
Routemaster RM324 on the No 15 heading west at Aldwych
My mount VWH2309 approaching the starting point at the Aldwych
An earlier VWH model passing Green Park underground station, part of the new route along Piccadilly.

Willesden bus garage


No comments:

Post a Comment